BOOZY BITESApril 13, 2017
VERPOORTEN FRUIT DIPJune 14, 2017
No-Bake Strawberry Coconut Verpoorten Cake
2/3 cup butter
7 oz ladyfingers
COCONUT CREAM TOPPING:
8.5 oz Verpoorten Original Egg Liqueur
2.2 lbs fresh strawberries
7 gelatin sheets
6 oz coconut milk
16 oz cream
1 packet vanilla sugar
1. Melt the butter in a small pot and let it cool down. Break the ladyfingers into pieces, put it into two sealed freezer bags and then crush to crumbs.
Mix the crumbs and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Put the mixture into a leak-proof baking tin equipped with baking paper. Press the mixture with a spoon to the bottom of the baking tin.
2. Wash and trim the strawberries. Coat the bottom of the baking tin with whole strawberries, the tips facing upwards. Leave 2 inches on the edge of the tin.
3. Then soak the gelatin sheets in a little cold water. Heat the coconut milk without bringing it to a boil. Squeeze the gelatin and melt it in the heated coconut milk. Add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved. Put this coconut milk mixture in the fridge.
4. Stir the cream with vanilla sugar when the coconut milk starts to thicken. Then stir Verpoorten, the vanilla sugar & cream mixture, and the coconut milk. Pour this mixture on top of the strawberries and refrigerate the cake for at least four hours.
5. Remove the baking tin and decorate the Verpoorten cake with strawberry slices all around and on top of the cake.
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes | Cooling Time: 4 hours
Verpoorten Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Egg Liqueur-Smoothie Cocktail Competition, Spring 2009 | by Jenny G
3 oz Verpoorten Original Egg Liqueur
6 1/2 oz fresh strawberries
4 oz mango slices
3 tbsp strawberry syrup
12 oz strawberry juice
8 oz milk
5 1/2 oz strawberry ice cream
Pour 0.6 fl.oz. Verpoorten into a glass. Puree strawberries and mangos with strawberry syrup, milk, and strawberry ice cream. Taste the mixture and distribute it into the prepared glasses. Place mango and strawberry slices on top of the smoothie to decorate.
Carmelized Verpoorten Pie Over Strawberry Carpaccio
Makes 12 Servings | By Dessert Queen Alexandra Lang
6 oz Verpoorten Original Egg Liqueur
8 oz créme fraîche
1 cup sugar
4 gelatin sheets
1/4 cup flour
1 bowl strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 oz Grand Marnier
1. Bring the Verpoorten and Crème Fraîche to a boil. Soak the gelatin sheets in egg whites. Stir up sugar, flour and yolk with the Verpoorten/Crème Fraîche mixture and bring it to boil while stirring. Add the soaked gelatin. Beat the egg white until it stiffens and stir it with the hot mixture.
2. Pour the mixture into 3 inch baking rings with biscuit bottom and refrigerate. Spread it with brown sugar before serving to caramelize the top.
3. Cut some strawberries in fine, thin slices to decorate the carpaccio and plate. Puree 5 1/2 oz strawberries, sugar, and Grand Marnier and coat the carpaccio with the mixture.